- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds dried figs
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 12 chicken thighs
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, brown sugar, vinegar and water; set aside.
- Place figs and lemon slices in the bottom of an 11x16 inch baking/roasting dish. Arrange chicken thighs on top, then pour vinegar mixture over chicken. Finally, sprinkle with salt and dried parsley to taste.
- Bake/roast at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 50 minutes, basting frequently (turn figs if they begin to brown).
- With a slotted spoon, remove chicken, figs and lemon slices from baking dish and place on a warm platter. Skim fat from cooking juices, then pour over chicken as sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Fig and Lemon Chicken, recipe