- 2 1/4 boneless pork chops
- 1/2 pound pork liver
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (1.5 ounce) box raisins
- 2 potatoes, diced
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add the pork chops and return to a boil. Cook the pork chops at a boil for 5 minutes, remove, and set aside to cool. Remove 1 cup of the broth from the pot and set aside for later use. Once the chops are cooled to the touch, cut into bite-size pieces.
- Return the water to a boil; add the pork liver to the pot and cook at a boil until tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and discard the liquid. Set the liver aside to cool; cut into bite-size pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the onion and garlic in the hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir the pork chops into the onion and garlic; cook and stir together for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes and reserved broth; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir the pork liver, garbanzo beans, raisins, and potatoes into the mixture; cover and simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
Filipino Menudo (Pork and Liver Stew), recipe