- 1 (7 ounce) pouch tuna in water, drained and juice reserved
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery with leaves
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 1 pinch garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix drained tuna, onion, celery, egg, bread crumbs, bread cubes, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. If mixture is too dry to hold together, stir in reserved tuna juice, 1 teaspoon at a time. Divide mixture in fourths and shape each portion into a patty.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and pan-fry the patties until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Drain patties on paper towels.
Fish Friday Tuna Burgers, recipe