- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/3 cups bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 12 ounces chicken tenderloins
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- In a large plastic bag, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, poultry seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Shake to mix.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until a drop of water evaporates immediately. Dip one piece of chicken at a time into the milk, and then place in the bag with the coating. Shake until fully coated. Place in the frying pan, and continue with remaining chicken.
- Cook until the edges are browned, then flip and cook until browned on the other side. If some chicken is done sooner, keep on a paper towel lined plate in a warm oven, so that the chicken is all still warm at serving time.
Flavorful Southern Fried Chicken, recipe