- 3/4 cup hot salsa
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 pounds skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, for topping
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, for topping
- Combine the salsa, peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger in the crock of a slow cooker; mix well. Place the chicken in the sauce, spoon mixture over chicken to coat.
- Place the lid on the cooker and set to LOW. Cook until chicken is very tender and sauce has thickened, 8 to 9 hours. A meat thermometer, inserted into the thickest part of a thigh should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Garnish with peanuts and cilantro before serving.
frank's favorite slow-cooker thai chicken, Chicken Thighs recipe