- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 3 cups cubed day old French bread
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Generously grease a 9x13-inch glass baking dish with softened butter. Stir together flour and mustard powder. Place ham and Cheddar cubes in a large mixing bowl, sprinkle with flour mixture, and toss until evenly coated. Add bread cubes and toss to mix. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour 1/3 of the bread mixture into the prepared baking dish and smooth out to form a layer. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of butter, and sprinkle with 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese. Repeat twice more to form three layers. Pour egg mixture overtop, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- The next morning, remove casserole from refrigerator, remove plastic wrap, and allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven until the eggs have set, and the top is golden brown and crispy, about 1 hour.
french ham cheese and egg fondue casserole, Ham recipe