- 8 thick slices white bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Place a slice of bread on a cutting board. Align a star-shaped cookie cutter in the center of the slice. Push the cookie cutter through the bread, rocking it gently back and forth. Once the cookie cutter makes it all the way through bread, remove bread outside the cutter. Hold the cutter down on the bread during this step to prevent the star from tearing. Use a sharp knife to trim any bread that lingers outside the cookie cutter. Gently remove the star from the cutter and put aside. Repeat on all slices of bread.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, whipping cream, honey, salt, cinnamon, orange zest and vanilla extract.
- In a griddle or frying pan, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Dip both sides of the stars in the egg mixture and carefully transfer to the hot griddle. Brown on both sides and transfer to a warm plate while remaining stars cook. Serve hot.
French Toast Stars, recipe