- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup fat free half-and-half
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package goat cheese, crumbled
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the spaghetti, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken stock, pumpkin puree, and half-and-half. Season with hot pepper sauce, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce has thickened, about 4 minutes. Toss goat cheese into pumpkin sauce and heat through. Serve over pasta.
Frugal Pumpkin Pasta, recipe