- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 (10 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1/2 lemon (optional)
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms, onion, scallions, and garlic until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add wine, broth, tomatoes, and parsley. Bring sauce to a boil. Stir and reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Place shrimp and flour in a resealable plastic bag; shake and mix until shrimp is well coated. Stir shrimp into the scampi. Cook until shrimp are opaque, about 5 minutes. Pour sauce and shrimp over the pasta; squeeze lemon juice on top. Season with salt and pepper.
Garlic Shrimp Scampi with Mushrooms, recipe