- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon shallot, minced
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans, and cook for about 2 minutes. Drain, and immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain again.
- Heat the sesame oil and vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green beans, and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the garlic, shallot, salt and pepper to the beans. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Mix in the sesame seeds, cook for 1 more minute, then serve.
Garlicky, Spicy and Sesamey Green Beans, recipe