- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet over medium heat, mix the ground beef, ginger, garlic, onion powder, and pepper. Cook and stir until the beef is evenly browned.
- Mix soy sauce and honey into the beef mixture. Stir in the green beans. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 7 to 10 minutes, until beans are tender.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour and water. Stir into the beef and bean mixture, and continue cooking about 5 minutes, until thickened.
Gel's Green Beans and Beef, recipe