- 1 (18.25 ounce) package Pillsbury® German Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs plus
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, combine cake mix, water, 3 eggs, oil and 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk. Beat on low speed until moistened, then beat on high speed 2 minutes.
- Pour into well-greased and floured 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- In small saucepan, combine remaining sweetened condensed milk, egg yolk and butter. Over medium heat, cook and stir until thickened, about 6 minutes. Add pecans, coconut and vanilla; spread over warm cake. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
German Chocolate Cake, recipe