- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Quaker® Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup chilled margarine
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Lemon Breakfast Cream:
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar,flour, oatmeal, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, & nutmeg. Stir in margarine until crumbly.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, egg whites and molasses. Add to dry ingredients and mix.
- Add dough onto a floured surface; knead gently up to 10 times.
- Flatten dough to about 3/4-inch thickness. Cut with round biscuit cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle tops of scones with reserved 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- While cooking, begin making the Lemon Breakfast Cream.
- Place cheese and lemonade concentrate into blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Serve on top of warm scones and enjoy!
Gingerbread Scones with Lemon Breakfast Cream, recipe