- 4 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 pinch white sugar, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- Place black-eyed peas, onion, green bell pepper, tomato, mayonnaise, canola oil, white vinegar, sugar, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl; stir to evenly distribute mayonnaise.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- Toss cabbage into black-eyed pea mixture just before serving.
GlendaLee's Black-Eye Pea Salad, recipe