- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon chile paste
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry (optional)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 6 green onions, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup finely chopped peanuts
- In a small bowl combine the garlic, ginger and chile paste. Mix together and set aside. In a second bowl mix together the orange juice, sherry, soy sauce and vinegar and sugar. In a third bowl combine the cornstarch with the water and mix until dissolved.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute chicken for about 3 minutes, until browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in skillet and saute green onion, bell pepper and onion for about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic/ginger mixture and saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add chicken and orange juice mixture and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Finally, stir in orange zest and cornstarch mixture. Heat through, stirring slowly, until sauce is clear and thick. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve.
Go Girl Hot Szechwan Chicken, recipe