- 1 (2 pound) venison roast
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice venison roast into thick 1 inch steaks.
- In a saucepan, combine water, chicken broth, olive oil, butter, garlic, and hot sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and stir in vinegar. Season with parsley, basil, rosemary, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring regularly. Allow to cool.
- Pour cooled sauce over venison steaks, and marinate in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours, turning regularly.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate. Take steaks out of marinade, reserve marinade.
- Grill steaks for 7 to 8 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Turn them regularly and make sure you don't over-cook. Mop steaks with reserved marinade while cooking.
Gordo's Good Venison, recipe