- 3 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes, cover, and cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 quart souffle dish. Sprinkle dish with 1 tablespoon white sugar, shaking dish to evenly coat bottom and sides.
- Place the sweet potatoes into the bowl of a food processor. Add the butter, 3/4 cup sugar, heavy cream, eggs, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Process until mixture is smooth. Pour into prepared souffle dish.
- Bake the sweet potato mixture in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake the sweet potato mixture until edges are slightly browned, about 40 minutes more. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Gourmet Sweet Potato Souffle, recipe