- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Beat the butter, sugar, molasses, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt together in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in the sweet potatoes, vanilla extract, eggs, and evaporated milk until evenly blended. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the sweet potatoes are tender, and the top of the pone is golden brown, about 1 hour.
Grandma Pondelik's Sweet Potato Pone, recipe