- 1 cup diced English cucumbers
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup diced seeded plum tomatoes
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, or more as needed
- Place cucumbers in a colander; set onto a plate. Toss cucumbers with 1 teaspoon salt. Let rest to draw about liquid, about 30 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Place red onion and 1 cup cold water in a bowl. Let soak until the strong onion flavor is weakened, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Combine cucumbers, red onions, Greek yogurt, Kalamata olives, dill, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest, oregano, and black pepper in a bowl. Fold in chicken, feta cheese, and tomatoes. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate salad for at least 1 hour.
- Stir salad and serve on lettuce leaves.
Greek-nspired Chicken Salad, recipe