- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups water
- 6 lasagna noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 5 fresh mint leaves, chopped, or to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground lamb in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add onion and garlic to lamb; cook and stir until onion is translucent, 3 to 6 minutes.
- Stir tomato paste, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper into lamb mixture; cook until spices are fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add water, lasagna noodles, and balsamic vinegar to lamb mixture; bring to a boil. Cover skillet, lower heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove cover and simmer until noodles are tender yet firm to the bite and sauce is thickened, 5 to 7 more minutes.
- Stir Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon mint, and salt together in a bowl. Spoon yogurt mixture, about 2 tablespoons per addition, across top of lasagna mixture. Sprinkle feta cheese over top and garnish with chopped mint leaves.
Greek-nspired Skillet Lasagna, recipe