- Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Big pinch of salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pasta Salad
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium yellow pepper, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Ground black pepper and salt, to taste
- 1 gallon water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 pound medium pasta shells
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, halved lengthwise
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped, pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into small dice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the rice wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, pinch of salt, and pepper; slowly pour in 2/3 cup olive oil, whisking constantly. Pour into a jar with a tight-fitting lid to transport it to the picnic.
- Adjust oven rack to highest position and turn broiler on high. Toss zucchini and bell pepper with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper to taste, and arrange on a large baking sheet with sides. Broil until spotty brown, 8 to 10 minutes, turning zucchini slices and pepper halves once. Set aside in a large bowl to cool, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Bring 1 gallon of water and 2 tablespoons of salt to boil. Add pasta; boil using package times, until just tender. Drain thoroughly (do not rinse) and dump onto the baking sheet. Set aside to cool.
- Put vegetables, pasta and remaining ingredients (except dressing) in the bowl or a gallon-sized zipper bag (can be refrigerated for several hours). When ready to serve, add dressing; toss to coat.
Greek Pasta Salad with Shrimp, Tomatoes, Zucchini, Peppers, and Feta, recipe