- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, or more to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook orzo in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add green beans, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat; cook and stir pine nuts until toasted and fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Combine orzo, green beans, pine nuts, tomatoes, remaining olive oil, Parmesan cheese, basil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
Green Bean Orzo Pasta, recipe