- 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chilies with some of the adobo sauce
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- hot sauce to taste (optional)
- 2 cups Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (3 pound) whole chickens, cut into pieces
- Place garlic, onion, chipotle peppers, and vinegar into a blender. Puree until smooth, then add water, lime juice, cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper, and hot sauce. Blend until incorporated, then add Worcestershire until mixed. Pour marinade over chicken in a large bowl, and toss to coat. Cover, and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate. Remove chicken from marinade, and shake off excess; discard remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken until juices run clear, turning frequently, about 20 minutes.
Grilled Chipotle Marinated Chicken, recipe