- 1/2 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored, and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- cooking spray
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Spray pineapple pieces with cooking spray.
- Cook pineapple on the grill until lightly browned and caramelized, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove pineapple from grill and cool; chop.
- Mix pineapple, red bell pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, garlic, lime juice, sugar, salt, and ground black pepper together in a bowl; refrigerate until chilled and flavors blend, about 1 hour.
Grilled Pineapple Salsa, recipe