- 1 pound ground bison
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 12 corn taco shells or 6-inch corn tortillas, heated according to package directions
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Pineapple Salsa:
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook ground bison and onion over medium heat in a large skillet until ground bison is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat. Stir in cumin, salt, coriander, cayenne pepper, and water. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Add to ground bison mixture in skillet. As the mixture sets, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet, lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting for 2 minutes or until egg mixture is almost set.
- Evenly divide ground bison mixture between taco shells. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with Pineapple Salsa.
- Pineapple Salsa: Stir together pineapple, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno pepper (if using), and salt in a medium bowl. Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Ground Bison Breakfast Tacos with Pineapple Salsa, recipe