- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen hash browns
- 2 cups shredded Colby cheese
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Coat a large baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- In a large bowl, mix together the hash browns, Colby cheese and onion. Transfer to the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining butter, milk, beef broth, pepper, salt and garlic powder. Pour over the hash brown mixture.
- Microwave the casserole in 5 minute increments, stirring before restarting, until the cheese has melted.
- Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until the surface begins to brown.
Hash Brown Casserole, recipe