- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated (optional)
- 3 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving size pieces
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, and pineapple. Stir in brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, and ginger. Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange a layer of spareribs in a roasting pan. Pour half of the sauce over the top. Arrange another layer of spareribs, and top with remaining sauce. Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven until done, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Hawaiian Spareribs, recipe