- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Place a large skillet over medium-low heat. Melt butter, then saute rice, orzo, mushrooms, onion, and celery. Stir constantly until rice is lightly browned.
- Mix in chicken broth, parsley, marjoram, pepper, and hazelnuts. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover skillet, and allow to simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
hazelnut-mushroom pilaf, Pilaf recipe