- 1 cup mashed, cooked sweet potato
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Mix sweet potato, egg whites, sugar, water, applesauce, canola oil, vanilla extract, and orange zest together in a bowl.
- Whisk all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a separate bowl. Mix flour mixture into sweet potato mixture until just combined. Gently stir cranberry sauce into batter. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until muffins are browned and tops spring back when pressed lightly in the middle, about 30 minutes. Cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Healthy Sweet Potato Muffins, recipe