- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 10 cups chopped zucchini
- 2 cups chicken broth, or more as needed
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup cubed beef
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package kluski noodles
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Combine onion, zucchini, chicken broth, beef broth, beef, basil, thyme, rosemary, and white pepper in a stockpot; simmer until beef is cooked through and zucchini is tender, about 30 minutes. Add more chicken broth if mixture becomes too thick.
- Bring soup to a boil, add noodles, and cook until noodles are tender, yet firm to the bite, 15 to 20 minutes.
Herbal Kluski Zucchini Soup, recipe