- 6 pork chops
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coffee flavored liqueur
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- Trim excess fat from chops. Heat skillet over medium heat, and rub a piece of fat over the bottom of the pan. Cook chops, turning occasionally, until browned on both sides (4 to 6 minutes).
- Season chops with garlic salt, rosemary, and basil. Arrange slices of orange and lemon over meat, and pour coffee liqueur and 1/4 cup water over all. Cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until meat is tender.
- Blend cornstarch with remaining 1/4 cup water, and stir into pan liquid; cook until thick. Sprinkle with green onions, and serve.
Herbed Pork Chops, recipe