- 1 (7.5 ounce) package dry cornbread mix
- 1 cup butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 16 slices white bread
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Prepare corn bread as directed on package. Cool, and crumble.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onions, bell pepper, and celery in butter until tender, but not brown. In another pan, cook sausage over medium-high heat until evenly browned.
- Place corn bread and bread slices in a food processor. Pulse until they turn into a crumbly mixture. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Season with sage, thyme, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix in chopped parsley, cooked vegetables, and sausage with drippings. Stir in eggs and chicken stock. This mixture should be a bit mushy. Transfer to a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 hour.
holiday dressing, recipe