- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound shredded, cooked chicken
- 2 cups green enchilada sauce, divided
- 6 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 10 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup fat free half-and-half
- Whisk together the honey, chili powder, lime juice, and minced garlic in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the shredded cooked chicken and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least a half hour. Remove the shredded chicken from the marinade, and shake off excess. Save the used marinade.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish, and spread 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce over the bottom.
- Combine marinated shredded chicken with 5 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese in a bowl. Mix lightly. Spoon about 3/4 cup of the chicken-cheese mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll tortillas and place seam-side down in the prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining enchilada sauce, fat-free half-and-half, and remaining marinade. Pour sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle top with 1 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese has melted and the top is brown, about 30 minutes
honey-lime enchiladas, Casseroles recipe