- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring potatoes to a boil in a large pot of salted water. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain; transfer potatoes to a large baking dish.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels; crumble and sprinkle over potatoes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir celery and green onion until celery is tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer vegetables to baking dish.
- Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, and black pepper in a bowl until smooth. Pour mixture over potatoes and stir until well mixed. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted, 20 to 35 minutes.
Hot German Potato Salad Casserole, recipe