- 1 (8 ounce) package fine egg noodles
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch ground paprika
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the noodles, and return to a boil. Cook the noodles uncovered, stirring occasionally, until they are cooked through, but still firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a large casserole dish.
- Mix the noodles, cottage cheese, sour cream, onion, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and salt together in a large bowl. Spread mixture in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and paprika on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Hungarian Noodles, recipe