- 1 1/2 pounds ground round
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 1/2 cups chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place ground round in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, cook the onion and garlic in olive oil until the onion is tender. Add the yellow pepper, and cook until tender. Season with cumin, paprika, chile powder, sugar, salt, and cloves. Stir in the stewed tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, and cannellini beans. Pour in water to cover. Bring to a boil, then stir in the meat and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the vinegar and serve hot topped with fresh cilantro.
Jamaican Me Crazy Chili, recipe