- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 prepared 16-inch pizza dough pastry
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 4 jalapeno peppers, sliced into thin rings
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in the pan.
- Saute onion in bacon drippings until translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic; continue to saute until garlic is golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Season the onion mixture with cumin, oregano, and black pepper. Stir cream cheese and sour cream into the onion mixture until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the pizza dough; top with mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses. Arrange bacon and jalapeno pepper rings over the cheese layer. Sprinkle parsley over the entire pizza.
- Bake in preheated oven until crust is firm and crispy and the cheese is browned and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
jan's jalapeno popper pizza, Pizza recipe