- 6 slices bacon
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups seeded and chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; crumble into small pieces.
- Mix cream cheese, jalapeno peppers, and salt together in a bowl. Stir in bacon.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Mix ground beef and oats together in a bowl. Divide into 16 portions; flatten into 1/4-inch-thick patties. Make an indentation in the center of 8 patties using a spoon or your fingers. Spoon some of the cream cheese mixture into each indentation. Top with the remaining patties, pressing edges together to seal.
- Grill patties, taking care not to press down as they cook, until browned, about 10 minutes per side. Place 1 patty inside each bun.
Jean's Bacon Jalapeno Cream Cheese-Stuffed Burgers, recipe