- 2 pounds tart pink baking apples (such as Pink Lady®) - peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 pound Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Meyer lemons, zested
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pie dough for a double-crust pie
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine pink apples, Granny Smith apples, cranberries, brown sugar, flour, lemon zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla together in a bowl and stir until apples are completely coated.
- Roll out and line a pie dish with 1/2 the dough. Pour apple mixture into pie dish. Dot apple mixture with butter pieces. Roll out remaining 1/2 the dough and top apple mixture with dough. Pinch edges of bottom and top crusts together. Tuck in dough and crimp to form a border. Cut vents in the top of the dough and place pie on a baking sheet.
- Bake pie in the preheated oven until apples are tender, filling is bubbling, and crust is golden brown, about 50 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Jen's Cranberry Apple Pie, recipe