- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease the bottoms and sides of a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Cream 1/3 cup butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together. Drop 1 teaspoon into each muffin cup. Reserve the remaining mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in 1/4 cup cold butter until crumbly. Make a well in center, and pour in the milk. Stir to form a soft dough, adding a bit more milk if needed.
- Turn the dough out on lightly floured surface. Knead 8 to 10 times. Pat dough into rectangle about 1/3 inch thick and 12 inches long. Spread the remaining cinnamon mixture over dough rectangle. Sprinkle currants over top. Roll up like a jelly roll into a long log. Mark the dough first, to make sure you know where to cut, then cut the log into 12 slices. Place cut-side down in the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake in in the preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Turn rolls out on a serving tray.
- For the glaze, add milk to the confectioners' sugar and stir well, adding more liquid if necessary to make a thin glaze. Drizzle over cinnamon rolls.
Jiffy Cinnamon Rolls, recipe