- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup bite-sized pieces kale
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir celery, carrots, onion, and garlic in the hot oil until the onion is translucent, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Pour vegetable stock over the vegetable mixture; season with Italian seasoning, kosher salt, and black pepper. Stir tomatoes, potatoes, and kidney beans into the stock mixture; bring to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes. Add kale and continue cooking until the kale wilts, about 5 minutes.
Judy's Hearty Vegetable Minestrone Soup, recipe