- 1 (12 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1/2 (1 pound) package shelled edamame, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, or more if needed
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can premium canned chicken, minced
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed kernels, or to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes; drain.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook edamame in boiling water for 10 minutes; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Stir mayonnaise, celery seed, paprika, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Toss macaroni, edamame, chicken, eggs, sunflower seed kernels, Cheddar cheese, and green onion in a bowl; add mayonnaise mixture and stir to coat.
- Chill in refrigerator until cold, 30 to 60 minutes.
Kara's Summer Salad, recipe