- 1 (32 ounce) carton beef stock
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3/4 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup barley
- 1 (6 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into chunks
- 1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- Stir beef stock, tomato sauce, water, onion, carrot, barley, mushrooms, and garlic together in a slow cooker.
- Season beef chunks with garlic salt, salt, and black pepper; add to the beef stock mixture. Add bay leaves to the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low until the soup thickens and the beef is tender, about 6 hours.
- Remove and discard the bay leaves to serve.
Kelly's Slow Cooker Beef, Mushroom, and Barley Soup, recipe