- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (2 pound) beef flank steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Preheat the grill for low heat.
- In a bowl, mix the blue cheese, butter, and chives. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix the black pepper, garlic salt, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Rub the steak with olive oil. Coat both sides of the meat with the spice mixture, and rub in by hand or press with a spatula.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place meat on the grill, and cook 10 to 15 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Grill to rare or medium rare for best flavor. Remove from grill, and slice lengthwise into thin strips. Top with a large dollop of blue cheese butter, and serve.
kickin' london broil with bleu cheese butter, Steaks and Chops recipe