- 3 pork chops
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 celery, chopped
- 1 cup canned whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (19 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 2 cubes beef bouillon cube
- salt to taste
- Place meat, carrots, celery, and tomatoes in a large pot over medium heat. Fill with water to completely cover meat, almost to the top of the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 90 minutes.
- In a frying pan, fry chopped onions until browned; put aside.
- To the soup pot, add kidney beans with their liquid, potatoes and fried onions; cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Add the beef bouillon cubes, and cook for 5 minutes. Add salt to taste. Serve.
Kidney Bean Soup, recipe