- 1 cup kimchi, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup reserved juice from kimchi
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Korean chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Stir together the kimchi, kimchi juice, flour, eggs, and green onion in a bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Using about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, pour into skillet, spreading as thin as possible. Cook pancakes until set and lightly browned, turning once, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Season to taste with salt.
- Whisk together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili pepper flakes, and toasted sesame seeds. Serve with the pancakes.
kimchi jun (kimchi pancake) and dipping sauce, Side Dish recipe