- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (26 ounce) jar chunky tomato sauce (such as Ragu®)
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 18 lasagna noodles
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese, or as needed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook and stir ground beef, onion, garlic powder, and oregano in a large skillet over medium heat until onion is tender and beef is browned, about 10 minutes. Add tomato sauce and sugar; simmer until sauce is heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Mix ricotta cheese, egg, parsley, and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese together in a bowl.
- Place a lasagna noodle on a work surface. Spoon one layer of ricotta cheese mixture, one layer meat sauce, and one layer mozzarella cheese atop the lasagna noodle; top with another lasagna noodle. Roll up the stuffed lasagna noodles in the jelly-roll style; place in the prepared casserole dish. Repeat with remaining lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese mixture, meat sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Spread a spoonful of meat sauce atop each lasagna roll; top with remaining mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes.
Lasagna Roll Ups, recipe