- 3/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 gallon cold water
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp (21 to 30 per pound)
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Dissolve the kosher salt in 1 gallon of water in a large pot. Add the shrimp, and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours. Drain and pat shrimp dry with paper towels.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the angel hair pasta, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through but is still firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the shrimp, white wine, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir until the shrimp is no longer translucent in the center, about 6 minutes. Stir in the black pepper, parsley, and lemon zest before tossing with the angel hair pasta.
Lemony Garlic Shrimp with Pasta, recipe