- 2 1/2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/8 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil-packed minced garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cornmeal, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pulse lentils in a food processor until coarsely ground; transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix onion, egg, bell pepper, and bread crumbs with the lentils; add mozzarella cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper to the lentils and mix.
- Divide the mixture into four equally sized portions, roll into balls, and flatten into patties.
- Spread cornmeal into a wide, shallow bowl. Dredge patties in cornmeal to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a wide skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties in skillet until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
Lentil Burgers, recipe