- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) package herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Bring rice and 1 1/2 cups water to boil in a pot. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Place broccoli in a pot with enough water to cover, and boil 5 minutes, or until slightly tender. Remove from heat, and drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the mushrooms and onion until tender. Mix in cooked rice, cooked broccoli, stuffing mix, broth, and almonds. Transfer to the prepared baking dish (or use to stuff turkey just before roasting).
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
Leslie's Broccoli, Wild Rice, and Mushroom Stuffing, recipe